A Twin Cities Mountain Bike Patroller is required to have a minimum certification in basic first aid as well as CPR (With AED training). Certifications must be up to date to patrol.
It is recommended that you do a higher level of training such as Wilderness First Aid or even Wilderness First Responder. If you are already certified or an EMT or Paramedic, you are good to go without any other training.
All Patrollers must go through a basic patroller orientation that is approximately 2 hours long. This will cover the following:
- A brief history of the bike patrol and why we are here
- Your role as a patroller as well as do’s and don’ts
- A basic bike repair class.
- How to fix a flat in the field
- How to fix a chain
- Basic adjustments to the bike
- A basic understanding of
trailadvocacy and trail sustainability
- Basic bicycle skills class
Once completed, a patroller can become part of the Twin Cities Mountain Bike Patrol